Friday, March 7, 2008

Astronomy


I find science interesting, a bit confusing, but nevertheless, food for the brain. I'm taking an Astronomy class (and currently failing but I can do extra credit!).
I figured it would be an easier grade than Biology or Physics. Learn the planet names and such, but boy was I fooled. Just Trying to understand all of the elements/concepts/theories of Human Beings and our birth place known as Planet Earth is flabbergasting, to say the least. From the science of sound to the science of trees, flowers, birth and death. Some say God is a Scientist. Some say there is no God. My mind can grasp a lot of Earth concepts, such as, how a child is conceived, how a plant grows or the water cycle. But when I try to grasp concepts outside of the Earth, I go numb. Jupiter has a moon with active volcanoes, 12 million light years away. Mars has a totally pink sky. Venus has an atmosphere of carbon dioxide, she'll kill you. Binary Systems and Messier Objects. And the comets and the asteroids and the meteor showers among the constellations. For every grain of sand on Earth, there is a star in the sky. There are about 100 thousand million stars in the Milky Way alone. There are millions upon millions of other galaxies. Who figured this out and how?!?
But in the complexity of it ALL, I see the simplicity, the cycle, the never-ending circle. The Earth revolves around the Sun, as the Moon revolves around the Earth, as the Earth rotates on its axis. What appears to end begins again, round and round, what comes around goes around. And energy (matter) can not be destroyed or created, just ask Stephen Hawkins. Astrophysics. And everyone has the chance to experience everything and these experiences never end. No wonder I feel so tired. And everyone is different but everyone is the same. And if I blow your mind, you'll become a Supernova.

4 comments:

JenBun said...

I am totally a Supernova! Champagne Supernova, maybe? hmmm... =)

Adamity73 said...

You blow my mind, girl. Astrophysics is certainly mind-numbing. A light year alone makes me scratch my head. Who *did* think this shit up and--not "how" but--why?!

Me_Again said...

JenBun: I love that song. Thank you for re-minding me =0)
Adam: Anytime you want anything blown...

jodi said...

Hey You Again, Thanks for the support. Seems like we both sisters in the "Meredith Brooks" way!! xo

Blog Archive